The Asian Women’s Initiative at NYLAG helps Asian victims of domestic violence in New York City. Attorneys provide culturally and linguistically competent legal assistance, housing aid, counseling, and other services to domestic violence victims to help them overcome barriers and permanently escape their abusive situations. Our goal is to ensure victims understand their rights and can pursue tangible solutions to end the cycle of abuse.
If you are an Asian woman living in any of the five boroughs, you may be eligible to receive free services from the project.
How can NYLAG’s Asian Women’s Initiative help you?
- Legal advice and representation on the following matters:
– Orders of protection
– Contested and uncontested divorces
– Child custody and visitation
– Spousal and child support
– Immigration cases
- Referral for counseling and crisis intervention
- Referral for assistance in finding safe, permanent, affordable housing
Click here to view/ download a printable flyer with more information.
The project’s services are completely free and confidential.