Mobile Legal Help Center
Legal services on wheels - Bringing free legal services to your community.
Our innovative legal help van brings lawyers into local communities that have historically been underserved. For many populations, such as people who are geographically isolated, people with disabilities, and survivors of intimate partner violence, access to high quality free legal services can be out of reach.
By traveling to meet individuals in their communities, we promote access to and trust in our justice system.
Our attorneys bring justice to communities. We offer the following legal services on the van:
- Assisting with immigration issues, including citizenship, green cards, and asylum
- Fighting to preserve safe, affordable housing
- Working with survivors of intimate partner violence on orders of protection, custody, and divorce
- Advocating for workers earning low wages in matters of discrimination, wage underpayment, unemployment insurance, and disability and pregnancy accommodations
- Helping individuals who fall victim to consumer fraud, debt, and identity theft get access to financial counseling
- Assisting with estate planning, including wills, health care proxies, and powers of attorney
- Maintaining public benefits
Want to make an appointment on the van?
Help us provide free legal help to underserved communities.
The Latest on our van
Pix11: Free Legal Advice, Lawyer Could Be Driving Around Your Neighborhood
NYLAG’s William Steiner spoke with PIX11 about the services provided by our Mobile Legal Help Center van . “Our goal is to make the legal system less intimidating for some people.”
NYLAG free legal services, with a mobile unit that reaches all five boroughs (Spanish)
NY1 Noticias spotlights the services offered by the NYLAG Mobile Legal Help Center van. Article text in Spanish.
NYLAG Names Sirrah Harris as the First-ever Director of Outreach and Access to Justice Programs
We are proud to announce Sirrah Harris as our first-ever director of outreach and access to justice! Learn more about Sirrah’s impactful seven-year tenure at NYLAG and how her new role will advance our mission.